Taisir Subhi Yamin is a professor of gifted education, with a B.S. in Physics, an M.A. in Special Education and a PhD in Gifted Education from Lancaster University in England. He has been involved in gifted education for nearly 30 years. He has written 25 books. In addition, he has authored numerous articles, chapters, research papers and training packages for productive thinking. A focus of his work has been on the identification and development of creativity and giftedness. He is a former President of the World Council for Gifted and Talented Children (WCGTC), former editor-in-chief of Gifted and Talented International, General Director of the International Centre for Innovation in Education (ICIE) in Germany, and research fellow at Université Paris Descartes. He founded, with Ken McCluskey, the International Journal for Talent Development and Creativity (IJTDC). ICIE publishes the IJTDC in partnership with American and European universities. Past honours include the British Council Scholarship; Fulbright; and the Harry Passow Award for Leadership in Education. In 2018, he joined the Faculty of Education-University of Winnipeg, Canada as a visiting professor. He is responsible for international projects.
Know specific techniques for differentiating UP in the 21st century classroom;
Know general learning styles, modes, and preferences and how to apply for purposes of differentiation;
Be able to assist students in developing relevance through student interests for purposes of differentiation;
Be able to build a thinking classroom of the 21st century infusing higher levels of reasoning;
Be able to design rigorous learning options that challenge all students;
Be able to infuse creative thinking and critical reasoning tools into curriculum and instructional practices;
Be able to construct leveled learning activities that challenge gifted/advanced learners and support students who need more supports;
Understand the teaching and learning process; and,
Understand the effect of quality curriculum and instructional practices on student achievement.
- Specific Learning Disabilities (SpLD)
- Speech and Language Disorders
- Emotional/Behavioral Disorders
- Physical Disabilities
- Autism Spectrum
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) (NAGC, 2018)
- Socioeconomic Status
الأستاذ الدكتور هشام غصيب
مواليد عام 1950 في عمّان
خريج مدرسة المطران عام 1967
حصل على درجة البكالوريوس (مرتبة الشرف) في الفيزياء من جامعة ليدز(بريطانيا) عام 1972
حصل على درجة الدكتوراة في الفيزياء النظرية من جامعة ليـــــدز ( بريطانيا) عام 1976
عمل رئيساً لقسم الثقافة العلمية في الجمعية العلمية الملكية حتى عـام 1991
عمل رئيساً لقسم العلوم والآداب وأستاذاً مشاركاً في الفيزياء في كلية الأميرة سمية الجامعية للتكنولوجيا حتى حزيران 1999
عين عميداً للكلية وأستاذاً في الفيزياء عام 1999
عين رئيساً لجامعة الأميرة سمية للتكنولوجيا في شباط 2003، وظل كذلك حتى 19.9.2010
له العديد من المؤلفات والبحوث في الفيزياء والفلسفة
حصل على جائزة منيف الرزاز للدراسات وعلى جائزة الدولة التقديرية لعام 2002
أسس ( وعمل في) عدد كبير من المجلات العلمية والثقافية
Prof. Dr. Hisham Ghassib
- Born in Amman in 1950.
- Graduated from the Bishop’s School in Amman in 1967.
- Obtained his B.Sc. (Hon.) in Physics from Leeds Univ. (UK) in 1972.
- Obtained his Ph.D. in Theoretical Physics from Leeds Univ. in 1976.
- Worked at the Royal Scientific Society as Head of the Science Popularization Dept. (1976 – 1991).
- Worked at Princess Sumaya Univ. College for Technology as Head of the Sciences and Humanities Dept. and Associate Professor in Physics (1991 – 1999).
- Appointed Full Professor in Physics and Dean of the College in 1999.
- Appointed President of Princess Sumaya University for Technology (PSUT) in February 2003, and remained PSUT president till 19.9.2010.
- He has written a large number of books and papers in Physics and Philosophy.
- He has established and edited a large number of scientific and cultural magazines.
- He has won two national cultural prizes.